Wednesday 18 November 2009

Raising funds for our troops

Tonight 33 bombshells did the bi-annual box packing for our troops in Afghanistan. It’s a production line of shoe boxes and donated goodies consisting of magazines sweets snack foods and toiletries. Once packed they are sealed up labels and shipped of as Christmas treats for our soldiers, this year my husbands troop 49, are serving their tour of duty.

There was a great turn out this evening, with lots and lots of volunteers and we totally smashed last year’s record of 95 boxes with a total of 240! That is enough for the whole troop and more besides, I hope the lads and lasses will share out the goodies so everyone can get a little something from home this Christmas. There was a donation of 40 boxes from the Wimbish Rugby club which was greatly appreciated : ) I’m especially glad my neighbours from Wethersfield turned out, which is a great show of support considering the bad news we had on Sunday, way to go girls.

Plans to supply the Christmas fayres are going well and I have about 8 jars of jam and half a dozen boxes of fudge. If anyone is interested in buying some outside of the fayre dates just let me know, I have a dozen different home made treats that would make lovely edible gifts : )
PS I am always after small glass jars, baby food jars are ideal : ) For every 5 you give me you get a free jar of jam ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment