Tuesday 2 November 2010

Choco-Banana

I love to bake and have tried many different recipes, the last 6 months of so I have been modifying recipes to suit and have grown quite good at judging what a mix needs before going in the oven. I've been using basic recipes I have tweaked and made up myself but this week I made up a brand new recipe and it was utterly delicious. Here I can share it with you

  • 40g cocoa
  • 225ml water
  • 100g soft margarine
  • 275g caster sugar or light soft brown sugar
  • 2 medium eggs
  • 190g plain flour
  • 1/4tsp baking powder
  • 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
  • 2 mashed up very ripe bananas

It took a few tries but I think this is the final combination of ingredients *touch wood*. Its a challenge to get these home written recipes right but if you want a perfect set of cupcakes every time try I suggest cheating, I do it often! Try adding 2 large eggs (instead of 3 medium) and 2 mashed bananas to Betty Crockers devils food cake mix :) Die hard baker though I am I can't get enough of Bettys range of cake mixes, they are just so devine!

No comments:

Post a Comment