Thursday 6 December 2012

Scrap girl

Digital Scrapbooking is pretty self explanatory in its name, a hobby that uses vectors and images layered in Photo-shop to make frames and decorations for your pictures.

I say hobby because it costs money, is time consuming and very addictive! There are plenty of websites selling special sets of vectors and "papers" cashing in on the addictive nature but many of them are adaptable and easy to modify to create a wide range of looks. I created a 20 page book for less than £25 including printing by using only 3 bundle sets and scouring for freebies.



To say I love the idea is an understatement. I have always liked scrabooking but never had the funds to do it properly - damn those papers are pricey! - so I have always used self adhesive photo albums, mounting photos, decorating and add journalling with memorabilia ie tickets etc.

Like wise photobooks give us an opportunity to print the hundreds of digital photos we have gathering metaphorical dust on our hard drive but the limit in editing layouts and decorating pages always made them too modern and crisp for my liking.


The aforementioned book is made from family photos during my sons first year, I spent around 36 hours on it and really enjoyed digital scrapbooking as a past time (whilst DH dominated the TV with his Xbox). The hardest thing is keeping my designs to myself as its a Christmas gift. Boo no showing off!


Digital scrapbooking is a revelation for creative types who want to express themselves and give those photos a chance to be out in the sunshine :)

No comments:

Post a Comment