Friday 2 April 2010

Easter Bunny is here!

This week I've been looking up themed surprises for when my husband’s family come for dinner on Easter Sunday - we don’t get enough quality time with family so I wanted to make it special.

First of all I found some cute bunny napkin origami which looks adorable with my home made yellow gingham napkins^_^ I knew I wanted to paint my own eggs as its not something I've done before so when I saw these Martha Stewart Chocolate eggs I was dying to give it a go ; )

Initially the chocolate eggs were to use in a mini hunt for the VIP guest, our 22 month old niece Martha but as I went on I decided to write on them and use the chocolate eggs as place settings. If get time I might do another half dozen hollow eggs especially for her - where Martha is concerned there can never be enough chocolate, I'm sure it was her first word!

We bought a large leg of lamb which will be slow roasted for 3 hours using this recipe, and I've bought ingredients to make both lemon meringue pie and chocolate fudge cake, the latter complete with shavings and eggs. I've also got supplies to make Bunny Cupcakes with David's cousins next week. I'll let you know how that goes, I'm sure it will be messy but worth it : )

1 comment:

  1. Chelsie Humphry4 April 2010 at 00:01

    hi Emily, I checked out all your links and made some bunny napkins, How Cute! Sounds like you and the family will have a wonderful time.Happy Easter hope all goes well xx

    ReplyDelete