Wednesday 20 April 2011

The important things in life?

Anyone who knows me will know I am a positive upbeat person who enjoys the simple things in life even when the complex ones aren’t going to plan. I think this is a healthy attitude to have and I try to maintain this sunshine outlook on life.

Unfortunately the music industry seems to be filled with singers and songwriters who are either drunk /on abooty call or depressed, most seem to lack genuine depth. British singer Adele is a sexy lady with a very soulful voice, her music is loved by millions across the globe and her latest melancholy song “Someone like you” has had extensive airplay on both radio and TV. . . . . I hate it! I disliked it on first hearing and with it’s repeated over playing I find I am more and more annoyed by the song and the coverage it gets.



Sure it’s a touching song full of sorrow for a lost love, we can all relate to that and its beautifully sung but if you listen to the story its just pathetic. The character turns up at the house of a man she lost, and since that time he has married and had a kid. Someone who not only holds a torch for that long but also acts on her heartache and despair so long after their parting is not in a healthy place. Love is important but dwelling on the past is depressingly sad and not in a good way.

Here instead listen to some Palo Nuttini, the cheerful chap who brightens up my day with his bouncy tunes and appealing lyrics about enjoying the simple important things in life :)



Remember that if you have shoes on your feet, a roof over your head and food in your belly you are better off that 2/3rds of the worlds population, stop winging and enjoy good health and the warm sunshine on your face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment