Friday 6 May 2011

Grand day out

LinkMy husband David worked all over Easter and the numerous bank holidays over may day and the royal wedding, so he now has 10days leave to make up for it. This week we've been working at home, doing big spring chores and generally taking long lunches and walks with the dog.

We live in the beautiful countryside and since being married generally we eat al fresco in the garden or have a BBQ instead of my old favourite; the picnic, so as treat David planned one for us this Friday. We bought some treats and packed a lunch but Dave wouldn't let on where we were going so I didn't know what to wear - shorts for the beach or sturdy shoes for hiking? The only clue was we couldn't take the dog, even on the morning as we got ready to leave I still couldn't guess where we might go . . . . in till he said "I can't tell you cause you will get over excited" he was right and I knew at once we were going to the Zoo!

We spent all day walking around Colchester Zoo, we saw lions who were so much bigger than expected, tigers who were prowling much like our own panther Bagheera, and I got to fed my all time favourite: giraffes ^_^ We saw wild looking wolves (not unlike our GSD, one was wagging his tail hehe) big African elephants, endangered our Amur leopards, apes as big as orang-utans and monkeys as tiny as baby tamerins - I thought they were all great! By far the cutest were the red pandas, such sweet faces and their behaviour reminded of cats, I just wanted to cuddle them ^_^ It was a beautifully sunny, its been grey all week and will be raining this weekend and I caught the sun on my face.

By the end of the day I was pooped, my feet ached and fell asleep in the car on the way home. The brilliant day had a perfect ending, I had a bath while DH cooked dinner, watch a movie in my PJs and then an early night for me and bump. Hardly a rock star lifestyle but I wouldn't change it for the world :)

No comments:

Post a Comment